Prado Museum Ticket to skip lines characteristics
If you buy Prado Museum´s skip the line tickets you can avoid long waiting queues. Prado museum is one of the most visited museums in Europe. In fact it is one of the best Madrid´s best things to do. Every year about 3 million people visit the museum. Hence the lines can get long and tiresome. Many visitors to the city precisely buy the skip the lines tickets because there is lots to see and its more pleasant this way. The Prado Museum´s online admission ticket is available from a smartphone therefore there´s no need to print the tickets out. The general Prado museum prices cost 15 Euros.This means that for only one euro extra you can enjoy a VIP treatment. Skip the line ticket owners have access to the museum from entrance of Jeronimos. Our recommended time to visit is before 11am and after 13:30.
However, entry ticket holders who have the right to bypass the lines can come when they choose. Its useful to note the Prado Museum hours are from 10:00 to 20:00 on Monday to Saturday, from 10:00 to 19:00 on Sundays and public holidays. Last entry is 30 minutes before closing. The Prado Museum is wheelchair accessible. Get your Prado Museum tickets online because you can avoid admission ticket lines here.These skip the line tickets give their holders access to the whole Prado Museum and its temporary as well permanent collections!
Prado Museum Works and Artists
Museo del Prado is a beautiful old castle full of over a thousand fascinating exhibits. It features Spanish masters such as Velazquez and Goya, to artworks by Titian, Rembrandt, El Greco, Rubens. This museum is a haven for art lovers. Prado Museum currently has more than 7,000 paintings.However, only 1,500 paintings are currently on display in the Prado Art Gallery halls. The must-see collection in Museo del Prado includes a large number of paintings by Golden Age maestro, Velázquez, and an overview of somber, sometimes darkly psychological, works of Goya – considered the most important artist of his time. Additionally, Prado features works by a number of Flemish masters like Peter Paul Rubens, Pieter Bruegel, and Anton Van Dyck. The Museo del Prado is one of the most visited museums of art in the world. When you’re there, you’ll experience the reason why. Make sure you have time and go at a leisurely pace (There is so much to see here that can it be overwhelming if you try to see everything quickly. Take as long as you have available, at the end of the day we are in Spain, no rush. Enjoy the Prado Museum virtual tour below to get a sneak peak into the famous Spanish art museum:
Prado Museum´s Curious Facts
- Pablo Picasso was one of the museum directors between 1936 and 1939, although he never really actively acted as one as a result of the civil war at the time.
- The masterpiece of Pablo Picasso, La Guernica´s first home was the Prado Museum. The artist´s wish and desire was to exhibit it next to Las Meninas by the another celebrated Spanish artist Velazquez.
- At a grand total of 152, The Prado Museum hosts the most Goya artpieces and even has several rooms dedicated to them.
- Speaking of Goya, his statue is the only one that directly looks at the museum. The other statues dedicated to Murillo and Velazquez look away or are giving their backs to the museum.
- In 2012,a copy of Leonardo Da Vinci´s masterpiece, La Gioconda was discovered among the more than 8000 pieces that had never been exposed to the public. The museum prefers not to display this painting as it’s merely a copy.
- Discover the biggest painting in the Prado Museum by the polish artist Strobel. Its the haunting painting of the beheading of John the Baptist and it measures 10 metres long.
- Spot the painting used by Monty Python in their sketches: ‘El triunfo de la muerte’ or The triumph of death by Brueghel”
- Prado Museum also hosts concerts, theatre and cinema
Where is the Prado Museum:
Prado Museum Etiquette and useful info:
- Keep the tickets safe during the visit
- It is prohibited to take pictures or videos
- Lockers are available for bags and backpacks
- There is a cafeteria inside the museum for a pitstop during the gallery