Top 10 Free Weekly Plans
This week starting this Friday, we have a compilation of plans which include the Carnaval celebrations, expositions that end this week as well as other unmissable events around the city.
ENDING THIS WEEKEND
1. Blas De Lezo: el valor de mediohombre is an exposition at the Naval Museum about one of the most important marines of the Spanish naval history, considered a living legend by his peers and now almost forgotten. Learn about his naval exploits, participation in key events of the eighteenth-century Europe, his courage in combat and so on. The exposition ends on the 3rd of March at Paseo del Prado, 5.
2. El Greco: De Italia a Toledo. The Thyssen-Bornemisza marks the 400th anniversary of the death of El Greco with the presentation of the results of the technical studies undertaken by the restoration experts on four of the artist´s works. The exposition ends on the 2nd of March at Paseo del Prado, 8.
MADE IN SPAIN:
3. Nothing says ¨Proudly Made in Spain¨like showcasing many of the high quality and artistic crafts made in many parts of Spain. Dont miss this exposition in CentroCentro, near metro Banco de España ending on 20th of April.
4. Get a peek into the marketing of Spain as a tourist destination with this exposition. Los albores del turismo en España or the beginnings of tourism in Spain, features about two hundred works, including posters, books, photographs and documents many of them yet unpublished, on the tourist industry in Spain. The exposition is being held simultaneously in the museum Museo del Romanticismo (Calle San Mateo, 13 near metro Tribunal) and Biblioteca Nacional (Paseo de Recoletos, 20-22 near metro Colón). The exposition ends on the 25th of May.
FASHION & GIFTS:
5. Mercado de Moda de Moncloa: Find clothes and accessories in this local designer´s fashion market located near metro Moncloa in calle Arcipreste de Hita, nº 10.The fashion market starts at 16:00 and ends at midnight, with other activities, like free workshops.
6. This week, in this category we focus on the Carnival costumes.Visit the open-air market especially set-up to sell carnival handcrafts and accessories in Leganes´ Plaza Mayor. If thats too out of the way, then visit the shops in calle Toledo near Plaza Mayor.
MUSIC & CARNIVAL:
7. Beethoven’s Symphony No. 6 at Fundación Juan March (Calle de Castelló, 77) TONIGHT at 19:00 and a replay of the video of the recording on Saturday at the same hour.
8. Watch the Carnival procession from 19:30pm at Retiro Park´s Puerta de Madrid, in calle O’Donnell until Plaza de Cibeles this Saturdays 1st of March.
9. The screening of the French film Queen Margot in Teatro del Institut français de Madrid
located at C/ Marqués de la Ensenada, 10 near metro Colón. The film starts at 8pm, on Monday the 3rd of March and was directed by Patrice Chéreau.
10. The screening of the Finnish film ¨Be human ¨ is held at Museo Reina Sofia (Calle Santa Isabel, 52) near metro Atocha at 7pm on Friday the 7th of March. The tickets can be collected from 2 days of screening onwards.
We hope that you enjoy and share the plans!!!