Top 10 Free Weekly Things to Do
We continue with our list of top 10 Free things to do in Madrid this week. From next month,the list will be biweekly.
For this coming week,dont miss the following events:
ONCE OFF EVENTS:
1. Spring Welcome Celebrations in Indian style: The third edition of this popular Indian celebration will be led by the actress Alba Flores, in the Plaza de Toros de Las Ventas this Saturday, 29th of March, from 5pm till 8pm.The participants can expect to be covered in the traditional and colourful Holi powder as well as to take part in a flashmob to the tune of a popular BollyWood movie: Tune Maari Entriyaan. More details in this event site.
2. International Theatre Day Workshops: There will be several workshops for those interested in theatre from cabarets, improvisation and directing. See more details here.
MARKETS THIS WEEKEND:
3. Utopic Bazaar : A special sale of fashion and crafts located in a co-working space that also offers live music, workshops and a bar area.The coworking area is located in Calle Colegiata, 9, Madrid.The markets occurs every Saturday and Sunday (from 12 to 22 on Saturdays and and from 11 to 17 on Sundays)
4. Mercado de Moda de Moncloa: A weekly sale of the independent designers that offer their creations with performances and workshops included in the event.Location:Calle Arcipreste de Hita, 10 (Metro Moncloa).
CONCERTS & LIVE MUSIC:
5. Night of Coplas in the newly inagurated Fulanita de Tal this Thursday 27th of march from 21:30. Dont miss this spectacle of 6 women and a pianist with song,verse and emotion to serenade the night. Naturally,entry is free and the bar is located in Calle Regueros 9, near metro Chueca or Alonso Martinez.
6. Piano Concert: The BBVA Foundation will host a concert with Alfonso Gomez at the piano on the 1st of April from 19:30. The foundation is located at Palacio del Marqués de Salamanca. Paseo de Recoletos, 10. Those interested can confirm attendance at [email protected] or by calling Tlf. 91 374 54 00.
7. As per custom, on every last Sunday of the month, Fundación Canal Isabel II, located at Mateo Innurria 2, will host a classical music concert. The concert will feature works and musical pieces by L. van Beethoven, C. Debussy, W. A. Mozart and J. González. The concert starts at 19:30 on a first come first served basis, on the the 30th of March.
8. Locate activities in and around the city apt for a family with children here.
CINEMA & SPECTACLE:
9. The Chinese Cultural centre located in C/ General Pardiñas, 73. will host he film ¨The Piano in a Factory) (2010)¨ in their auditorium from 19:30.The film will have Spanish subtitles. Attendance is on a first come first served basis.
10. The Chinese Cultural centre will also host the presentation of folkloric song and dance from the province of Guizhou. If interested, reservation and confirmation can be done by calling 917 820 000 or emailing
[email protected] The show will take place on the 28th and 29th of march from 8pm.